He is the Senior Professor and Chair of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Kelaniya and Consultant Physician at Colombo North Teaching Hospital, Ragama. He is also a Visiting Professor of the PGIM.
He completed his Post-MD overseas training in General Medicine and Gastroenterology in Oxford, with clinical training at John Radcliffe Hospital. Professor Janka was also awarded a DPhil in 1990 for his extensive research on inflammatory bowel disease from Pembrooke College, University of Oxford.
In 2012, he was appointed the Chairman of the Specialty Board in Gastroenterology at the PGIM.
He has extensive knowledge and experience in:
- Liver transplantation
- Extensive endoscopic procedures
- Liver diseases
With a strong focus on evidence-based practice, his primary objective is to deliver state-of-the-art minimally invasive care for the benefit of all his patients, using modern surgical techniques and therapy.
Breakthrough procedures and achievements:
- Providing medical input for liver transplantation
- Performing liver biopsies
- Gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures
- Chairman of the Specialty Board in Gastroenterology at the PGIM.
- Member of the editorial boards and international advisory boards of several gastroenterology journals.
To learn more about Prof. Janaka De Silva, email him at [email protected]