The Operating Theatre (OT) Technician is an important member of the dynamic operating theatre team. This meticulously designed programme equips individuals to handle operating theatre functioning and surgical procedures conducted in OT. The course is designed to improve the care and treatment of critically ill patients.
3 GCE A/L passes in the Science stream
- Introduction to Operation Theatre Technology
- Basic OT and Anaesthesia Equipment and Drugs
- Post Anaesthesia Care Unit(PACU)
- Inventory Maintenance
- Patient Safety and Quality Assurance
- OT Maintenance
- Medical Law and Bio-ethics
On completion, students will be awarded certification from Amrak Institute of Medical Sciences, affiliated with Durdans Hospital and Astron Institute of International Studies (AIIS), India, with a proven curriculum from India. The courses are recognised by the Indian Medical Association (IMA). All Practicals will be assessed by Durdans Hospital.